Apps iOS, accessories, apps, imovie, iOS, loopster, video editing — April 19, 2013 17:31 — 0 Comments
Worth a shot? Loopster, a free video-editing app for iOS
Consumer or entry level video-editing app could be a useful and a free alternative to paid-for software
While we haven’t tried it out ourselves yet, but Loopster does a lot of things that the paid-for iMovie , for example, can do, such as:
- You can put in transitions between video clips
- You can use video and still pictures
- You can modify the audio of existing video tracks
- You can add an audio track
- You can split video into segments
- You can add text overlay
- You can alter a segment to play under slow motion
- I haven’t seen any ads running on the screen, nor watermarks on your video.
- You can save to camera roll or share online to youtube, facebook, and more
- You work on multiple video projects
(source: idevice in the mountains)
Loopster started as a web-based free video editor and is now available as an iPad app, with an iPhone version to follow shortly.
The free video-editing software utilizes a familiar timeline with the option to edit individual clips by trimming their start and ending point, to add text captions and overlay titles, transitions, and audio effects and a soundtrack.
The final edited clip can be downloaded in .MPG format or shared directly on anyone of the major social networks, says a review on scoopit.com.
• Let us know if you have tried Loopster – we’ll be trying it out on our next project