News, apple, apps, blogs, Celtx, film-making, ipad2, iphone, Jason McKinnon, screenwriting, smartmoviemaking — November 8, 2011 11:49 — 0 Comments
Why the iPad 2 is the center of my creative universe, by Jason McKinnon
Screenwriter and indie
Two years ago, I got my iPhone and it instantly tripled my productivity by allowing me to keep up to date on my screenwriting and blogging.
I could write anywhere I wanted and I did. Being able to craft blog posts while riding a subway actually had me looking forward to my journey to work each day. For the last few months, I’ve been working really hard on a ton of projects in order to begin 2012 with a clean slate.
So far, it’s looking like I’ll be able to hit my deadlines and I have my iPad 2 to thank for that.
My new creative command central
I’ve had my iPad for a little over a month now and in that time, I’ve accomplished a ton.
My blog, The Athletic Nerd, has a whole new design with brand new content created on the much easier WordPress for iPad app.
In addition, I have managed to complete the following:
● I finished editing my short film thanks to notes and shot lists I created using Apple’s Pages app
● I’ve also been using Pages to create outlines and breakdowns for a number of projects I’m hoping to begin next year
● I’ve written three brand new short screenplays during my breaks at work thanks to the awesome Celtx screenwriting app
● I’ve grown accustomed to using Flipboard, Twitter, Facebook and more to increase my social reach online which helps boost traffic
● A full browser experience has helped me stay up to date on all the movie news that inspires me on a daily basis
I’ve only had the device for a month and it’s changed everything. Let’s face it, being able to read my daily news, post a new article online and revise a new screenplay before I get out of bed each morning is a nice touch. There are a million tiny reasons why the iPad 2 is amazing but for me, it all boils down to productivity.
My biggest fear before I purchased my iPad 2 was whether or not typing would hinder me. I’m happy to report that after a slight adjustment period, I’m firing out posts at a decent pace and hammering out new screenplay pages.
The iPad is fast, convenient (not too mention cool) and integrated easily into my life. From a
● This article was first published on The Athletic Nerd